Saturday, January 16, 2016

Seeing The World Through His Eyes





I want to tell you how I see the world.

Not just w/ my eyes. Or even my ears & nose, but w/ my heart & soul.
_____________________________________________________

I'm sitting here, on the crook of a trunk, in the rushing middle of a creek.
I'm watching the water ripple & sparkle as the sun rises ever hirer.

No mere pictures could capture the beauty here. No human could either.

But I'm not seeing this place through my eyes. The beauty I see in this place, in this world comes from the sight God has given. A vision that overlaps my weak, mortal eyes.

W/ this I still see the trash littered everywhere, the polution and imperfections - But I see MORE than that. SO much more.

W/ my eyes I see solitude & a place to Rest. W/ my ears I hear peace - the sound of the birds as they sing the sun up to the Heavens; the lyrical notes of liquid life caressing each stone as the creek burbles around & beneath me.

I feel the rain of last night beneath me, dampening the moss & the wood of my resting place. I feel beams of warm sun on my cheek & I feel Loved. I feel calm & joyful. I feel like bursting into song. And so I have.

I have sung & danced on this natural bridge. I have let go of my anxiety. My worries & cares, just for this moment w/ God.

I came to this place for a reason. Not to run away from my troubles, but for this moment, this Beautiful moment outside of time with Yaweh - w/ the Man, Being, Savior Who Loves me more than I can fathom in my small understanding of this world & beyond.

But sitting here as the sun rises & my favorite song comes on the radio attached to my hip. Sitting here I see a little, just a little more of how God sees the world, w/ more than physical senses, but w/ Hope, Passion & an Incredible Love that #OneDay, One day I will be able to give as well as receive from Him.

My Greatest Wish is to Love God as He loves me.

My second is to Love others the same.

The 2 Greatest Commandments are what I pray for. The 2 Greatest Commandments are what I live for, and what I'll live on for.

I want to Love - there is nothing greater than Love. For God IS Love. If you know one, than you know the other.

And if you understand God's Love for you - if you can feel it the way I do, now, w/ not just your senses, but your heart and soul, than I have no doubt you understand this journey I've begun.

My Pilgrim's Progress.

A journey involving trials, battles most fierce, damsels in distress, heroes most bold, & Victory.

Though we may often lose faith, though our feet grow weak and weary, though we lose friends along the way - there is a light at the end of our Path. There is Hope in the darkest of places. There is Good in Every situation.

And keeping this in mind - keeping God's vision forefront and not my own - that's what gets me through the pain - that's what keeps me going as I'm wounded.

I may bleed from a Thousand cuts, every rib broken, and my very eyes gauged out & I will simply lean on God's vision & crawl.

I will debase myself before the world; humble myself before God & I will follow Him though it cost me EVERYthing.

Because He is worth it.

I know from experience that Nothing else is.

And maybe I will have to pull my broken body up a cliff inch by inch w/ no easy path, but He is there. I am NOT alone and when I reach the top of this cliff - I already have an inkling of the view.

I smile now at the vision I've been given of it. The small understanding of how this suffering will be worth it. And my excitement cannot be contained.

I may not be able to go faster. I may fear that I will fall and I know I will scream in pain every time I acquire a new wound, every time an old scar opens and the blood pours forth.

Then again, what better to encourage other travellers than the clear evidence they are Not alone on this journey.

We may not all have the same paths to travel, but they often cross.

And you'd be surprised how often people are energized by knowing they're not alone on their Pilgrim's Progress & they're not alone in their Pain.

Then again, maybe that doesn't surprise you. I just know it often does me.

Not so much that I can relate to someone's suffering, but often the people I relate to most are the last I'd expect.

How many people have I judged by their mask, by the image they projected and never bothered seeing deeper, seeing the ways we are the same. For we are all the same, and all different as well.

One of my greatest passions is finding how I can relate to each individual, & the ways I can learn from them in areas we don't share the same experiences and understandings.

Love is often seeing the Best in someone, while not ignoring the worst.

Love is seeing God in a person, seeing the way God magnifies & amplifies their individuality. How God shines these qualities from the person more brightly than any sun.

He does, but often we're too stuck on our vision; on the imperfections.

You cannot Love in a Godly way only using your own vision. You must use God's.

I pray I grasp that on a more subconscious level.

If gauging out my actual eyes would give me total access to God's vision, I would. But I fear it will be much harder than that.

But I won't give up - I won't stop climbing, even if I fall back to the ground. I will reach the top of this cliff and see the Beauty I know is waiting.

#ChallengeAccepted



Journal Entry This Very Morn

Full of imperfections. But I did not want to lose even a small part of the wonder that filled my heart, mind and soul as I sat on that log, in a place outside of time. So I decided to write it here, in my blog, word for word.
Every grammatical and spelling error, every short-hand method I used is present. And maybe you will be able to see that photo as I remember it, even though neither words nor mere images can express what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment