Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A Cheat Sheet to Life

I do not force myself to read the Bible. I read it because I want to. And I want to because it's applicable. Because it's incredibly helpful in every day problems as well as major fuckups.

If I were to make this an analogy, not a perfect one mind you.
I would say Life is like this Massive Test that decides your Entire Future.
And the Bible is a cheat sheet - given to you by the teacher, Himself.
It has All you need to know to pass.

Course, the Teacher is like, Super Smart and shit.
And we didn't study half as much as we should have, as children never do.
So, many times, this "cheat sheet" is crazy hard to figure out.
But it is possible.

And when you start understanding, no knowing consciously, but understanding on a sub-conscious level, that the Bible is a better guide to life than any sermon, any self-help book, or friend's advice;
(Those are really kinda like second-hand translations of the same cheat sheet you have been given)
I have faith you will be eager to read your Bible, quite thoroughly.

I didn't always want to read the Bible.
(As in I thought it was the dullest, most boring part of my faith)
And honestly, I have not reached the point where I am always incredibly excited to do so.
But I do understand that it holds the answer to All of Life's Mysteries.
The Bible is 42

And that doesn't mean you have to go open you're Bible right now and force yourself to read it.
You don't need to schedule a quiet time or carry your Bible everywhere if you don't want to.
I do NOT believe in "faking it till you make it" in many instances, if any.

What I would do, is start small.
Throw a quick prayer to God.
Just one word is enough to begin.

Help

That's all you have to say sometimes.
Sometimes, that's the only word I can get out.
Although I typically add a "please" out of habit.

And if you can't yet pray, which I have often been unable to do.
Then you ask others to do so for you.
You do not even need to tell them what you need prayer for.
Just asking for prayer is one of the Most Powerful ways God works.
I know from experience.

And don't push yourself beyond your limits.
Don't beat yourself up because you cannot even do such a "simple" thing as read the Bible.
It's Not Simple.
And it's not all that easy to read.

Take time getting to know your Savior.
Sometimes that simply means talking to Him as you watch the sunrise.
Or looking for His Footprints in your life past.
Seeing His mark on all the lives around you.

When you start to see how He is Literally in EVERYthing.
How He is not only the God of creation -
but present in every situation, every song, every moment of your life...

He is a God who not only controls the destiny of the universe,
but knows Every friggin hair on your head and has counted each grain of sand on every beach ever made!
Do you understand how much of a Big Deal that is?

He is in EVERYthing.

He is there as you wake up in the morning.
And as you get ready for the day.
When you're deciding how to word an important email, He has a script for you.
When you wonder if you should wear a scarf or not, He is the only One who can give you a perfectly accurate Weather Report.

He is always with you and He is waiting for you to ask Him for help.
In Everything.

42 not only encompasses the Big Life Mysteries.
It is a guide to All of Life's problems.
Big & Little

You cannot do this on your own.
You cannot control your own life.
You cannot control anything actually.
You are a helpless babe who needs help to do even the simplest of things.

If you're like me, you'll figure this out the hard way.
You'll find yourself unable to function on a daily level without looking to God for everything.
I am often unable to hold a conversation, read a sentence in a book, or even follow the conversations around me.

I cannot do even the simplest of things without God's help.
My brokenness has hit a low I do not think many can comprehend.
If it weren't for God, I would be placed back in an institution for the mentally insane.

He gets me through the day.
I know I must look to Him for every decision I make,
every step, every breath I take.

And although I realize this is a Good way to live,
"Good" things can still be incredibly painful experiences.
My life right now is Good.
I truly believe that.

That doesn't mean I'm always happy.
Or even joyful.
Definitely not confident or content.

That doesn't mean I don't suffer regularly with fucking Intense Pain.
That doesn't mean I don't royally screw up every moment of every day.
But I will tell you this.

I am happy, joyful, confident and content with Where I Am, now...
And where I am going.

I am Happy and Insanely Grateful with how far God has brought me.
And I am Friggin Psyched to know Him better.

I want to follow the Greatest Commandment more than anything.
Solomon asked for wisdom.
I ask to Love God and put Him first and foremost in my life.
That is My Greatest Wish.
And I will pray on pennies galore for it to come true.

And #OneDay I will #Love perfectly. For I will Love God as He Loves me.
That is my Goal in Life.
That is what I long for.

Love

Everything else is semantics.

No comments:

Post a Comment