Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Diamond in the Rough

So, everyone knows the Berger Girls' are awesome. But our guys are just as spectacular. Particularly one, my long-time favorite - Reedlejuice. All the Berger men have their endearing qualities, but our Buddy-Ro is a diamond in the rough.


With four extremely confident, opinionated, and loud ;) women in the house already, the first boy born to our family never had it easy. I won't go into the grisly details of what he had to put up with as a child, but feel free to ask me anytime! And our Buddy could have done a good many things in retaliation, but his response to the drama he had to deal with as a young boy, I've been blown away over and over again.



I wouldn't say we have the closest relationship right now, but he's in college - I guess I can give him a break ;) . The thing is, that no matter how close we are, he loves me how he can. When I lost my entire world(it seemed), he packed up the remains and stored them while I struggled to survive...several times. When I was stranded in a parking lot, unable to drive from the hurt caused by my ex's actions, he and Dad drove to pick me up...at 2am. He came, simply so I could have my car in the morning when I woke up. When I ran out of gas at the side of the road, he brought it to me...when I was an hour away from him. When I was scared out of my mind, he came and held me until I calmed down...at the expense of his Cookout shake(It was delicious, thanks. Gotta love the distraction technique).



And this weekend, when it rained cats and dogs, he took pains to rescue my most treasured collection. It did not survive and I was heartbroken, but he knew how much it meant to me - and that means SO MUCH MORE. Even now I am crying at the love my brother has continuously showed me, not through words always, but through his actions. 




When the first person told me that their actions spoke louder than any words that came from their mouth, I did not understand how this was possible. But I've been watching and I've been learning. I thank you friend and I thank you brother, for showing me love the way you can. It means the world. I can never repay you for this, but this is my attempt to show you love in my own way. I adore you Bud and I hope this is better than the pizza I offered, but I dunno how anything could beat Papa John's Supreme Cheese Special.



P.s. My favorite picture of me with my brothers - ever yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment